Wednesday, February 29, 2012

HI AGAIN, WORLD!!!

Surprise! We are alive!! No, really...

I really thought I was ok giving up blogging. After months (or years...) of guilt about not posting, I decided once and for all to give it up. But I couldn't, so here I am. These are the years I want to remember, we are in Med school, away from family, and my kids are young and hilarious and I want to document the things they do and say. So I have a goal to post once a week, even if it's just a cute picture of my little Hailey or a random quote from Chase or Ethan. Right now they are playing in the playroom, jumping off a chair yelling Boom-Shaka-Laka! Who wouldn't want to remember that?? I will slowly post pictures of the last year and a half of absence but if I felt like I had to catch up all at once it would never happen. So here's my favorite moment from yesterday:

Back story--I got an iPhone for my birthday and I love it because I can speak into it and Siri talks back, so I can send texts and messages just by talking. When I'm done, Siri gives me a confirmation that my message has been sent. Ethan's been begging every day for 2 weeks not to go to preschool even though he loves it when he gets there. I take it as confirmation he's having too much fun at home to want to leave :) So after Ethan got on the bus for preschool yesterday, I spoke Eric a text telling him Ethan was still having a hard time, and after I got done it beeped, and Chase- who had been staring at me while I spoke- said "Ok, I will send your message." I about died laughing, he said it exactly the same as Siri usually does. What a funny kid.

Right now Eric is on his way to San Antonio for a Podiatry conference until Saturday so feel free to call or stop by (if you are in Iowa) because I will be in some need of adult conversation after 4 days of kiddos. Can you believe I have 3?? I still can't.

Just a quick update, things are going really well here, Ethan is 4 and can't wait to turn 5, Chase is a tall 2 year old--everyone assumes he's at least 3, and Hailey is a smiling and cute 3.5 month old who was born 11/11/11 at 11:22 am, weighing 8 lbs 14 oz and was 21.5 inches. She is an active girl, and I can't set her down on her back without her rolling over to her tummy! Eric is in the last few months of his second year of podiatry school, and he takes his first set of boards this summer! After that he has 2 years of clinical rotations and then we are off to residency :) I am just busy with kids, loving having a girl and trying to work off the baby weight and balance life in general. We still love Iowa, its so family friendly and we just moved (in October) to a new apartment with tons of room and a (gasp!) 2 car garage! And its cheaper than where we were before! We are so blessed.

Here's us:

Playing outside in a little snow...with beach toys :)

Happy girl!
Ethan strung a whole cup full of multi-grain cheerios onto a string :)
I dyed my hair dark!
Entertaining Hailey


Eric and his little girl :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am SO happy to see a new post!! So glad to see pics of my cute niece and nephews and love reading how you're all doing. And I love your goal. I will keep checking regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the crap out of you... and your hair looks fab!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete